Translate

Monday, July 22, 2013

Hurricane Elvis

My how time flies.  10 years ago today I was leaving for work not suspecting any bad weather was in Memphis.  I had finished breakfast but did not watch any tv.  I got to Collierville and it was raining pretty hard.  By the time I made it to the Houston Levee overpass I had to pull over.  The wind was so strong and it felt like I was going to get blown off the road.  I could not call Eddie and talk to him because he was in Wales. I finally made it to work and there were trees down everywhere.  The phone service was intermittent so I spoke with my grandparents when I could get a call through.  As I sit in my office today, I stare at the sky and watch the lightning wondering if we are going to have a repeat performance.  I know that GOD is in control and if the weather gets bad I know that he will protect me.  I hope everyone in Memphis and the surrounding areas stay safe today.  Don't get caught out in this weather.  Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment